What happens when the mainstream media makes false reports? The mainstream population doesn't know any better than to believe it. And who cares what these people think? You should--cause these people are going to vote.
While the tallglassofmilk would like to jump on board the politically correct bandwagon and claim she wants everyone to vote, that would just be completely disingenuine. The fact is that I don't want everyone to vote, I only want the informed people voting.
Here are some voter guidelines from the tallglassofmilk. You are hereby encouraged not to vote if you don't meet the requirements of this...
- You know who your two state senators are
- You know who your state representative is
- You know who your governor is
- You know the party affiliations of all of the above
- You can name the prime minister of Iraq
- You can name the evil dictator running N. Korea
- You realize that the mainstream media is biased and you frequently read alternate sources to stay informed.
- You know that George W. Bush served his time in the Texas Air National Guard honorably and has not been absent from duty in the office of the president.
- You know that John Kerry is running on his war record despite the fact that he only served 4 months in Vietnam and 18+ years in the senate. You also know that the reason Kerry can't run on his senate record is because it's a joke.
- You realize the recent rumor regarding the Bush Administration hiding a military draft from the people is a hoax and was debunked on the internet prior to being aired as a legitimate news story on 2 major news networks. You also realize that the story was aired in an attempt to make people distrust President Bush even though the proposed bill was drafted by Democrats and Bush plans to veto.
- You know that Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 was a crockumentary, not a documentary. If you're really informed you even know that the reason Moore said he wasn't interested in the Oscar nomination is because his movie does not even qualify in the doc category, since it isn't one.
If you do not meet the above requirements, you are simply not informed enough to offer an educated vote. You'd be doing yourself and the rest of the country a great service if you'd sit this year out and study up for 2008.
Exercise your right to educate yourself before exercising your right to vote!